Try out some of these wonderful cocktail recipes at your next shindig, courtesy of North Brisbane winery Ocean View Estates:
- Tall strawberry beverage with ginger beer that’s easy to drink.
- 2 x Strawberries
- 3 x Lime wedges
- 45 ml Vodka
- Top with Bundaberg Ginger Beer
Method: Muddle lime and strawberries, add all (but ginger beer) Shake and pour into glass, top with ginger beer
Garnish: ½ Strawberry
The decadent tastes of a Cherry Ripe, all in a chilled glass? Yes Please!
- 6 x Raspberries
- 6 x Blueberries
- 30 ml Frangelico
- 30 ml Chambord
- 30 ml Malibu
Method: Briefly muddle berries, shake all with ice and pour into glass
Garnish: 2-4 fresh berries on a long toothpick
10 Fun Facts about Strawberries
We’ve picked a punnet of strawberry facts:
- Eight strawberries contain more Vitamin C than one orange
- Strawberries are a member of the rose family
- Eating eight strawberries a day can improve memory and lower blood pressure
- The strawberry plant is a perennial, meaning it lives for several years
- One cup of strawberries is about 45 calories
- There are six different varieties of strawberries grown commercially in Queensland
- Strawberries must be picked at full ripeness, as they cannot ripen once picked
- Strawberry plants grow best in a cool, moist climate and do not do well in warm temperatures
- The strawberry was used as a medicinal herb during the Medieval Period
- In Norse mythology, the strawberry was associated with the goddess Frigga, patroness of matrimony and Oden’s wife
Hashtag your foodie adventures on Insta #MoretonDaily or tag us @MoretonDaily on Facebook!
Recipes are for people aged 18+ only. Always remember to drink responsibly.