With Christmas festivities wrapped up for another year and the bank account looking a little depleted, there’s no reason why you can’t still head out for the day in the Moreton Bay Region.
There’s plenty of attractions, museums and other activities to enjoy a great family day trip, or holiday within the region.
- Make the most of the region’s national parks, beaches, waterholes, creeks and pools, as well as parks, playgrounds, reserves – all of which are free to visit and use (although camping permit costs do apply). To make your dollar stretch even further, pack a picnic or use a free public barbecue.
- Go for a dip at Redcliffe’s Settlement Cove Lagoon, where you’ll also find barbecues available for use. There is also a playground nearby.
- Check out The Mill at Moreton Bay water park and play space.
- Check out one of the region’s art galleries or museums. It’s free to take a look at the displays and exhibitions.
- Visit Abbey Museum of Art and Archaeology at Caboolture (open every day except Christmas Day and Boxing Day).
- Visit Caboolture Warplane Museum (open seven days 9am-3pm).
- Take a step back in time and visit Old Petrie Town, Caboolture Historical Village and Samford Museum.
- Get back to nature at Osprey House, Kumbartcho Sanctuary or Caboolture Regional Environmental Centre.
- Get on your bikes and explore the region’s cycleways and mountain bike tracks.
- Grab your skateboard or scooter and head to one of the skate parks in the Moreton Bay Region.
As an auxiliary firefighter, Ron Bowtell is there to serve and protect his community whenever an emergency unfolds on Bribie Island. Whether its a natural disaster, a house fire or a serious accident, he loves jumping into his uniform and rushing to the scene. Find out more about his role here **FREE TO READ**
The Man Walk Redcliffe group is poised to celebrate its biggest milestone yet. Here's the story
Three generations of the Chippendale family are continuing a proud real estate legacy in the Moreton Bay region. Meet the newest member to join the team... **FREE TO READ**
The Dolphins NRL side’s Mr Fix-it, Kodi Nikorima, is keen to stay with the club long-term but while his manager and the club discuss a contract extension, he’s focused on working hard in preseason training, claiming the No.6 jersey and playing well from round one. Here’s what he had to say