Queensland Fire and Emergency Services has issued an Advice level fire/smoke warning for Griffin, North Lakes, Deception Bay and Redcliffe due to a fire burning in Griffin Environmental Reserve.
The ‘Avoid Smoke’ warning was issued just after 6.30am, with residents being urged to take precautions to limit their exposure to smoke from the fire.
No properties are at risk, but smoke could be a hazard for people with respiratory problems and drivers in the affected areas. Some roads may be closed.
What you should do:
- Stay inside and close windows and doors
- Keep respiratory medication close by
- Follow your bushfire survival plan now. If you do not have a bushfire survival plan, make one on the QFES website
- Avoid driving through smoke if you can
- Watch out for firefighters working in the area
- Do not fly drones around the fire or in the warning area. This can block air operations
- For all warnings, visit the QFES Current Bushfires and Warnings website.
- For road closures, visit the QLD Traffic website or phone 13 19 40.
- Visit the Department of Environment and Science website for live air quality data.
- Find out how to get ready for a bushfire on the QFES website under Prepare - Bushfire.
Moreton Bay residents are being encouraged to lace up their walking shoes and take to the Woody Point foreshore this Sunday to help raise money and awareness for Myeloma Australia. Find out how to register here
Newport Action Group (NAG) has withdrawn its appeal over Moreton Bay City Council’s decision to re-zone marina land, which may lead to a multi-million-dollar hotel development.** FREE TO READ **
ARIA award-winning singer, Logie-nominated actress and Dancing With The Stars competitor, Samantha Jade will headline Moreton Bay’s biggest LGBTIQA+ celebration, PrideFest. Here’s the details + how to get tickets