Moreton Daily invited candidates in the State Election to answer the same questions and provide a photo. Their responses are listed below in the same order their names will appear on the ballot paper. Some responses have been edited to ensure all are a similar length, and candidates receive fair and even treatment.
Name: Mark Scofield
Suburb: Ferny Hills
Profession: Small business owner – Insurance Broker – aspiring politician
Top 3 issues to address:
- The electoral system - including the voting system and politicians’ remuneration
- Nanny State/over regulation by state government - including reversal of recently introduced codeine laws, firearms legislation reform, regular referendums, removal of bicycle helmet laws for adults, and changes to some road rules
- A fair go for all – including stopping discrimination in the workplace, cracking down on crime, castle doctrine - the right to defend one’s home, family, and property, legalising pepper spray, changes to the shared economy, and stopping toll companies charging unreasonable fees.
Top 3 key commitments:
- Make our electoral system more democratic and our politicians accountable to the people
- Give a voice to the people and reduce red tape/unnecessary regulation
- Protect individuals’ freedoms.