Take a drive into the future and help shape one of the biggest road projects to impact motorists in the City of Moreton Bay.
Public consultation has been opened by Transport and Main Roads (TMR) on the $2 billion Gateway Motorway and Bruce Highway upgrades.
With the graphics and details is a flythrough video giving motorists and residents a glimpse into the size, scale and impact of the upgrades.
It shows the expansion of the Gateway Motorway from Bracken Ridge to Pine River as well as the new bridges and services roads either side of the Highway.
TMR is seeking feedback on the proposals and has drop-in sessions planned Bald Hills and Bracken Ridge early next month. Drop-in sessions are at:
- Bald Hills Scout Hall, 508 Bracken Ridge Rd, on Monday December 4, 4-7pm
- Bracken Ridge Hall, 77 Bracken Street on Tuesday December 12, 9am-noon.
Public consultation will be open until Thursday December 21. To have your say click here
Upgrades are aiming to reduce congestion and improve safety and consistently reduce travel time on the Gateway Motorway and Bruce Highway road corridors.
The Bruce Highway (Gateway Motorway to Dohles Rocks Rd) upgrades include:
- providing collector-distributor roads on both sides of the Bruce Highway between Gateway Motorway and Dohles Rocks Rd
- new bridges over the Pine River for the collector-distributor roads
- reconfiguring the Bruce Highway, Gateway Motorway and Gympie Arterial Rd interchange
- a shared pedestrian and bicycle path adjacent to the highway, including across the Pine River.
Future plans include upgrading Gympie Arterial Rd between Strathpine Rd and Gateway Motorway - delivered subject to funding and transport priorities.
The Gateway Motorway (Bracken Ridge to Pine River) upgrades include:
- additional Gateway Motorway lanes
- improving connections with Bruce Highway, Bracken Ridge Rd and Deagon Deviation
- upgrading the Gateway Motorway curve at Bracken Ridge
- a shared pedestrian and bicycle path on the northern side of the motorway, including upgraded connections to Barfoot St, Deagon Deviation, Wyampa Rd.
Future plans include expanding the Gateway Motorway from Nudgee to Deagon to eight lanes - delivered subject to funding and competing priorities.
Burpengary’s Addison White will pull on the Australian Indoor netball team colours for the first time after being selected for the national 15 and Under team. ** FREE TO READ **
Wardrobe need a refresh but you’re fed up with fast fashion? Check out this market at Bribie Island this weekend...
Children’s favourite PAW Patrol will headline Moreton Kids Festival 2024 at Strathpine’s Pine Rivers Park on March 10. Tickets are selling fast. Here's how to get yours