The Bureau of Meteorology issued a severe weather warning for damaging winds, large hail and heavy rain in the South East Region, which includes Moreton Bay Regional Council.
“Locations which may be affected include Brisbane, Caboolture, Moreton Island, Cleveland, Beenleigh and Redcliffe,” the Bureau says.
An warning issued by the free MoretonAlert app says wild weather could include wind, hail, lightning or heavy rain that could result in flash flooding.
Check the Bureau of Meteorology's Queensland warnings summary here.
What should you do?
- Move your car under cover or away from trees.
- Secure loose outdoor items.
- Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
- Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
- Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
- Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
- For SES flood or storm assistance: Call 132 500.
Important contacts and links
- Life threatening emergencies: Triple Zero (000).
- Tune in to your emergency broadcasters: ABC radio 612AM, 101.5FM and 99.7FM
- SES flood or storm assistance: 132 500
- Council: (07) 3205 0555
- Council local road conditions at council's website
- Unitywater: 1300 086 489
- Energex: 13 62 62
- Department of Transport and Main Roads
Residents have launched a campaign to fight plans for an entire section of the 50km Bruce Highway Western Alternative (BHWA). ** FREE TO READ **
A new sculpture that pays tribute to Bongaree, the first known Aboriginal person to circumnavigate Australia and contribute to the mapping of the Australian coastline, has been unveiled outside the Bribie Island Seaside Museum **FREE TO READ**